How to Contact Us
I want to:
Have your nine-digit Penn State ID number available
This is for the main office at University Park Campus
Bring your Penn State Student ID. No appointments necessary.
Directions: Get directions to and around University Park
Parking: Students and families should use metered parking spaces in the Shields Building parking lot.
To upload documents, follow these instructions:
- Save your file(s) as: .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .x-tiff, or .tiff—we cannot accept .doc, .docx, .zip, .pages, .xls, .xlsx, etc.
- Make sure your file size is less than or equal to 30MB
- Scan and save documents with multiple pages as one file
- Click the button below and log in with your Penn State or Friends of Penn State user account to get started
If you use a mobile device you will need a scanning app to send a multi-page document. A scanning app will take a photo of each page in your document and then bundle them into one file, usually a PDF, which you would then upload. Some popular free scanning apps for iOS and Android devices are Scannbot and GeniusScan, but there are many others with similar features available on Google Play or iTunes. The University does not endorse any app; you are responsible for understanding how an app may/may not share your information.
Our fax server operates 24 hours/day and can receive documentation during off-peak hours, like evenings and early mornings. It can take up to 48 business hours for your fax to be received because we use a secure FAX server to scan and review all incoming faxes. Unless you receive an error message or a busy signal, please wait 48 hours before re-faxing or contacting us about your documents.
Office of Student Aid
314 Shields Building
University Park, PA 16802
Information you provide to the Office of Student Aid is generally considered confidential. Please note, however, that Student Aid employees are required by Pennsylvania Law and University Policy to report instances of suspected child abuse. More information about reporting requirements is available at the Penn State Office of Ethics and Compliance.
Please complete the below fields as accurately as possible. You can expect a response within 24-48 business hours. For best results:
- Type your question directly in to the "Questions or comment" box — do not copy & paste from another application like Microsoft Word.