Students Transferring to Penn State
If you are planning to transfer to Penn State, please take the following steps to transfer your financial aid:
- Notify the registrar and the student aid office at your prior school that you will not be returning
- Update your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) with Penn State's federal school code 003329
- Call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-433-3243 or 319-337-5665 to request that your FAFSA be released to Penn State. You will need your DRN number from your Student Aid Report
- If you have not yet completed the FAFSA, read our How to Apply for Financial Aid section
- Contact the Office of Veterans Programs (if applicable)
- Contact your (if applicable)
- If you are receiving a Pennsylvania State Grant, you must notify the AES/PHEAA Grant Division in writing that you are transferring to another school. Send your written communication to:
AES/PHEAA Grant Division
1200 North Seventh Street
Harrisburg, PA 17012
Include: your name, Social Security number, semester you are transferring, housing status (on/off campus or living with parents), indicate that you will attend Penn State and include the Penn State campus and federal school code 003329
You will receive afrom our office.
Federal Pell Grant eligibility will be determined when your FAFSA is received at Penn State. If you were awarded a Federal Pell Grant at another institution during the same award year, your aid at Penn State may be adjusted.