2014-15 Scholarship Applications
Irene Cheng Memorial Award
The Irene Cheng Memorial Award was established by the friends and family of Irene Cheng, a former employee of Audio-Visual Services, to honor and recognize outstanding achievement by undergraduate students.
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student who is enrolled at any Penn State campus, including Penn College
- Must be a child of a MediaTech employee or a full-time undergraduate student who has been employed by MediaTech for at least one year and currently works a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
- Must show distinguished achievement, a combination of academic merit and the quality of community and/or University involvement
- Must be a child of a MediaTech employee (applicants who have not previously received the scholarship will be given first preference)
- Prior applicants and award recipients will be considered again
Award amount is $1,200 for the 2014-15 academic year.
Application and Contact Information
To apply, please submit the following:
- Student's Name
- Student's Penn State ID Number or Penn College ID Number
- Parent/employee's name or MediaTech supervisor's name
- A two-page essay that gives examples of student's outstanding achievements and reasons why student should be selected for the Irene Cheng Memorial Award.
Send letter of application to:
Office of Student Aid Scholarship Committee
314 Shields Building
University Park, PA 16802