Select Outside Scholarships
- Mass Mutual Scholars Program
- Life Lessons Scholarship Program
- American Association of University Women State College Branch
- Verbal Ink Transcription Services Scholarship
- iModules Scholarships
- AFSCME-UNCF-Harvard LWP Union Scholars Program
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund General College Scholarship Program
- Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O)
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania
- Must show proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Plan to attend a degree-seeking program, full time at a U.S. accredited institution during the 2015-16 academic year
- Will be entering sophomore, junior, senior or 5th year senior
- Students of all majors will be considered
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the insurance and financial services industry, leadership, and participation in extracurricular activities
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Visit Mass Mutual for additional information and application materials.
March 31, 2015 4:30pm Central Time
If you would like to receive a notification when the 2016 program cycle begins, visit the Mass Mutual website and complete the Notify Me form.
- United States resident
- Between 17-24 years of age
- Have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian
- Have been accepted to or attending an accredited institution
For additional information, including application materials, please visit Life Lessons.
The 2015 scholarship deadline has passed. If you are interested in applying to the 2016 program, the application will be available in February.
- Woman who is permanent resident of Centre County, Pennsylvania
- Has completed at least 15 credits towards an Associate’s degree or 30 credits towards a Baccalaureate degree
- Has interrupted or delayed her studies for at least two years and is still seeking her first Undergraduate degree
- Attends an institution of higher education on a part-time or full-time basis
- Can demonstrate financial need, academic progress, clarity of educational goals, and service to the community
Application information is available at AAUW State College.
If you have additional questions, you can contact Ellen Frederick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make the Subject Line “AAUW Scholarship" and include your name and contact information in your email.
March 1, 2016
- Graduating high school senior or completing first year of college in spring 2016 semester
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be enrolled in institution of higher learning for the fall 2016 semester
All interested applicants must submit a 500–1,000 word essay as a single PDF document to email@example.com on the following topic: Share a story about how language has helped you express your voice.
Visit Verbal Link for more application information.
The deadline for the 2016 Verbal Ink Transcription Services Scholarship will be posted once available. It typically occurs each April.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the fall 2016 semester
- Must have a minimum GPA of a "C"
For application information, visit iModules Scholarships.
The deadline for the 2016 scholarship program will be posted once available. It typically occurs each April.
- Must be a second-semester sophomore or junior during the application and interview process
- Must be majoring in American Studies, Anthropology, Economics, Ethnic Studies, History, Labor Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy, Social Work, Sociology, or Women's Studies
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must be of African American, Hispanic American, Asian Pacific Islander or American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage
- Must demonstrate an interest in working for social and economic justice through the labor movement
- Must have a valid drivers license
For additional information, please visit UNCF or call 703-205-2052.
The deadline for the 2016 scholarship program will be posted once available. Visit the UNCF website for additional opportunities.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund manages multiple scholarship opportunities from several corporations, including Honda and Marathon Oil Company.
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must have applied for federal financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Must be enrolled full-time in a degree seeking program in an accredited U.S. college for the entire academic year
- Available to both undergraduate and graduate students
For additional information and online application materials, please visit the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
April 2, 2015
The deadline for the 2016 scholarship program will be posted once available.
P.E.O. is a philanthropic organization celebrates the advancement of women and their education through scholarships, grants, awards, and loans. Several grant and loan opportunities are available through P.E.O., including Educational Loan Fund, International Peace Scholarship, Continuing Education, and Scholar Awards.
For more information visit the P.E.O. or contact Esther Benitez, P.E.O. Sisterhood, 407 Canterbury Drive, State College, PA 16803 or by e-mail at Esther.Benitez@gmail.com.
The program includes scholarships awarded by the American Council of Engineering Companies’ Member Organization.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be a full-time sophomore or junior student as of the 2016-17 school year
- Must be pursuing a bachelor degree in engineering or environmental sciences
- Must either attend a college or university located in Pennsylvania or serve/have served as an intern with a Pennsylvania office of an ACEC/PA member firm
The deadline for the 2016 scholarship program will be posted once announced.