Select Outside Scholarships
- Mass Mutual Scholars Program
- Life Lessons Scholarship Program
- American Association of University Women State College Branch
- Verbal Ink Transcription Services Scholarship
- iModules Scholarships
- AFSCME-UNCF-Harvard LWP Union Scholars Program
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund General College Scholarship Program
- Philanthropic Educational Organization (P.E.O)
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania
- Must show proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency with a permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551 (not expired)
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Plan to attend a degree-seeking program, full time at a U.S. accredited institution during the 2014-15 academic year
- Will be entering sophomore, junior, senior or 5th year senior
- Students of all majors will be considered
- Preference will be given to students who demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in the insurance and financial services industry, leadership, and participation in extracurricular activities
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Visit Mass Mutual for additional information and application materials.
May 2, 2014 5:00pm Central Time
- United States resident
- Between 17-24 years of age
- Have experienced the death of a parent or legal guardian
- Have been accepted to or attending an accredited institution
For additional information, including application materials, please visit Life Lessons.
March 3, 2014
- Woman who is permanent resident of Centre County, Pennsylvania
- Has completed at least one-quarter of course work required for degree
- Has interrupted her studies for at least two years
- Attends an institution of higher education on a part-time or full-time basis
- Can demonstrate financial need, academic progress, clarity of educational goals, and service to the community
Application information is available at AAUW State College.
If you have additional questions, you can contact Ellen Frederick at (814) 237-3737 or by email at email@example.com. Make the Subject Line “AAUW Scholarship" and include your name and phone number in your message.
March 1, 2014
- Graduating high school senior or completing first year of college in spring 2014 semester
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be enrolled in institution of higher learning for the fall 2014 semester
All interested applicants must submit a 500–1,000 word essay as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org on the following topic: Share a story about how language has helped you express your voice.
Visit Verbal Link for more application information.
- Must be enrolled full-time for the fall 2014 semester
- Must have a minimum GPA of a "C"
For application information, visit iModules Scholarships.
April 1, 2014 12:00am Central Time
- Must be a second-semester sophomore or junior during the application and interview process
- Must be majoring in American Studies, Anthropology, Economics, Ethnic Studies, History, Labor Studies, Political Science, Psychology, Public Policy, Social Work, Sociology, or Women's Studies
- Must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Must be of African American, Hispanic American, Asian Pacific Islander or American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage
- Must demonstrate an interest in working for social and economic justice through the labor movement
- Must have a valid drivers license
For additional information, please visit UNCF or call 703-205-2052.
The Hispanic Scholarship Fund manages multiple scholarship opportunities from several corporations, including Honda and Marathon Oil Company.
- Must be of Hispanic heritage
- Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must have applied for federal financial aid by submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
- Must be enrolled full-time in a degree seeking program in an accredited U.S. college for the entire academic year
- Available to both undergraduate and graduate students
For additional information and online application materials, please visit the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
December 15, 2013
P.E.O. is a philanthropic organization celebrates the advancement of women and their education through scholarships, grants, awards, and loans. Several grant and loan opportunities are available through P.E.O., including Educational Loan Fund, International Peace Scholarship, Continuing Education, and Scholar Awards.
For more information visit the P.E.O. or contact Esther Benitez, P.E.O. Sisterhood, 407 Canterbury Drive, State College, PA 16803 or by e-mail at Esther.Benitez@gmail.com.
The program includes scholarships awarded by the American Council of Engineering Companies’ Member Organization (MO) identified on the first page of the application. The scholarships are divided into two categories, General Scholarships and the Specialty Scholarship.
Students must be entering their junior, senior, fifth, or master’s degree year, in the fall of 2014 to qualify for the general scholarships. In addition, a student must be a U.S. citizen pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering or in an accredited land-surveying program to qualify. ABET accreditation of engineering programs for scholarship applicants must conform to the following to the particular degree the student is pursuing:
- Bachelor’s Degree: Student must be in an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Master’s Degree: Student must either be in an ABET-accredited Master of Science (MS) engineering program, or have a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
The only specialty scholarship available for the 2014 year program is the Council of American Structural Engineers (CASE) scholarship. Only students who are enrolled in a Master’s degree program for Structural Engineering in fall of 2014 will be eligible for the CASE scholarship. Student must either be in an ABET-accredited Master of Science (MS) engineering program, or have a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
For application, guidelines, and eligibility details, visit the American Council of Engineering Companies of Pennsylvania
Deadline for Submissions: March 14, 2014