Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools
Log in


You are here: Home / Aid & the Bill / Verification Selections / Odd Year Forms / Parent 2015 Tax Information / Parent 2015 Federal Tax Information
Penn State University, Student Aid visual mark
Office of Student Aid
The Pennsylvania State University
314 Shields Building
University Park, PA 16802-1220
(814) 865-6301
Fax: (814) 863-0322
You must print this form. For best results use Firefox, Chrome, or Safari (if printing from Internet Explorer, deselect "shrink to fit" in the print preview panel).
Then return it to us by upload, fax, or mail. Find out how

Parent 2015 Federal Tax Information

If your parent(s) filed an IRS income tax return:

Please submit the correct form(s) as indicated below. As of the date you submitted the 2016-2017 FAFSA, if:

  • Your parents were married and filed a joint return, submit the tax information for both you and your spouse.
  • You parents were married and filed separate returns, submit tax information for BOTH your parent and his/her current spouse.
  • Your legal parents (biological, adoptive, or as determined by the state [ex. if parent is listed on your birth certificate] were unmarried and living together, submit tax information for BOTH of them.
  • Your parent was separated, divorced, or widowed and filed a joint return, write each parent's portion of income on every line of the tax return or Tax Return Transcript.

Acceptable methods to provide tax information

Tax Return Transcript:

All pages are required. To get a 2015 Tax Return Transcript go to or call 1-800-908-9946.

Signed Tax Return(s):

Provide a legible, signed copy of page one and two of IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, a tax return from Puerto Rico or a foreign income tax return filed for 2015. Note: Foreign tax returns must have each line translated to English.

Income Information for Non-IRS Tax Filers

To verify income information, tax filers who filed a tax return with one of the following must submit a copy of a transcript of their tax information if a transcript is available at no charge from a taxing authority:

        In a U.S. territory (Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands) In a U.S. commonwealth (Puerto Rico, the Northern Mariana Islands) In a foreign central government

Only if a tax filer is unable to obtain a free copy of a transcript of their tax information will we accept a signed copy of the applicable 2015 income tax return that was filed with the taxing authority.

Amended Return(s):

If a 1040X was filed or the IRS made corrections to the tax return, you must submit a Federal Tax Return Transcript (see instructions above) and a SIGNED copy of the 2015 Form 1040X pages one and two.

If you have Rollover Income: If all or part of the untaxed portion of a 2015 IRA or pension distribution was rolled over into another account, submit (along with the Tax Return Transcript) either a copy of IRS Form 1099-R with code G or H or a "Rollover Statement" from the bank or organization that completed the rollover.

If your parent(s) did not file a tax return:

Check all that apply:
If you are a dependent student, handwritten parent and student signatures are required Handwritten parent and student signatures required
By signing this document, I/we certify that all the information reported on it is complete and correct. If I/we purposely give false or misleading information on this document, it will be cause for denial or repayment of student aid and I/we may be fined, be sentenced to prison, or both.
Write student name and PSU ID on every page FOPTX/2017