The Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has been reviewing the impact of COVID-19 on students as it relates to the PA State Grant Program and other PHEAA-administered programs. Therefore they have extended the temporary relaxing rules on its student aid programs that was put in place for the winter and spring semester through the upcoming summer term. These programs include:
- PA State Grant Program
- Institutional Assistance Grant (IAG) Program
- Matching Funds Programs
- Higher Education of the Disadvantaged (Act 101) Program
- Higher Education for Blind or Deaf Students Program
- Pennsylvania Internship Program
- Ready to Succeed Scholarship Program (RTSS)
- PA Targeted Industry Program (PA-TIP)
- The May 1 deadline for state grant applications from incoming and returning students has been extended to May 15.
- The formula used to determine grant amounts is being postponed until May due to the uncertainty surrounding the amount of state funding that will be available for the grant program.
- If your 2020-21 PA State Grant status in the PHEAA student portal is "Complete", please note that you will be notified of your eligibility in June of 2020. Create an account at PHEAA, if you have not already.
Visit PHEAA for additional information about Covid-19 and the state grant programs visit:
Contact PHEAA with questions about your grant.