Guide to Consumer Information
The following is a summary of the consumer information subject areas and references to additional details and reports. If you need assistance or paper copies, please contact the Office of Student Aid.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Consumer Information on College Navigator Website for accreditation information
- — Penn State offers services for students with disabilities.
- Student Body Diversity
- Price of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy — Information about tuition adjustments based on drops and withdrawals and refunds of credit balances
- Withdrawal Procedures — An outline of the process to leave the University if you are unable to complete the semester
- Textbook Information
- Academic Programs — Links to programs of study at Penn State
- Instructional Facilities and Labs — Maps are available for location information about University Park instructional facilities.
- Campus, college, and departmental websites include additional details.
- Instructional Personnel–Campus, college, and departmental websites include contact information for faculty and instructors.
- Transfer of Credit Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation Information — Penn State is accredited by the Commission on Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Commission on Higher Education is recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education. Copies of documents related to accreditation are available online.
- Copyright Infringement Policies and Sanctions (including computer use and file sharing)
- Teacher Preparation Program Report
- Public Accountability — As Pennsylvania's land-grant university, Penn State continually seeks to make information about its activities and services readily accessible to interested citizens.
- Visit General Information About Penn State to learn more about the scope, mission, and operations of the University.
Student Financial Assistance
- Types of Aid Available
- Applying for Aid
- Determination of Eligibility
- Terms and Conditions of Student Employment
- State Grant Information
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Entrance Counseling — Select "Entrance Counseling" from the menu
- Exit Counseling — Select "Loan Exit Interview" from the menu
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
- Study Abroad — Student financial aid is available to students who study abroad through Penn State programs.
- Federal Stafford Loan Deferments
- Federal Stafford Loan Forgiveness
- Federal Perkins/University Loan Deferments and Cancellations
- Withdrawal and Aid Adjustment — Withdrawing from the University can impact current semester and future semester eligibility for aid.
- Dropping Credits and Aid Adjustment — Dropping credits can impact current semester and future semester eligibility for aid.
- Private Loan Lenders
- Department of Education Student Loan Information
- Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- Assistance With Student Financial Aid Inquiries
- Student Loan Default Rate
Summary Report, 9/30/2014 Penn State All PA Schools Public 4-Yr Nat'l Avg All Schools 2011–3 yr 7.7% 11.6% 8.9% 13.7%
Student Retention and Graduation Rates
Intercollegiate Athletic Program
The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act requires co-educational institutions of postsecondary education that participate in a Title IV, federal student financial assistance program, and have an intercollegiate athletic program, to prepare an annual report to the Department of Education on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses, by men's and women's teams. The Department uses the information to prepare its required report to the Congress on gender equity in intercollegiate athletics.
- Equity in Athletics Data Analysis
- Penn State Intercollegiate Athletic Scholarships Penn State offers athletic grants in 29 varsity sports, 15 men's and 14 women's, at the University Park campus. Athletic grants are awarded by the individual coach responsible for the sport.
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention
- Center for Counseling and Psychological Services
- Drug Conviction Policy
- Vaccinations Policy
- Campus Security Report
- Emergency Management
- Clery Act Report
- Fire Safety Report and Log
- Missing Person's Notification Policy
- Office of Student Conduct
- Safety Newsletter (to view you may need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Victims Rights and Disciplinary Hearings (pages 150-155 detail violations and sanctions related to alcohol and/or drugs)