The Blind or Deaf Higher Education Beneficiary Grant (BDBG)
The Blind or Deaf Higher Education Beneficiary Grant (BDBG) Program is a Commonwealth funded program that provides financial assistance to deaf or blind students attending a postsecondary institution.
- Students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®)
- Students must complete a BDBG Application (available at PHEAA.org/blinddeaf.
- Must have been a resident of Pennsylvania
- Must not be incarcerated
- Must be at least a half-time
- Must maintain satisfactory academic
The maximum award amount a student can receive for the academic year is $500