The Partnerships for Access to Higher Education Grant (PATH)
PHEAA partners with non-profit, community-based Pennsylvania organizations and foundations to provide Pennsylvania students attending eligible Pennsylvania postsecondary institutions with matching funds through the PATH Grant Program.
- PATH Partners allocations are only available for academic year awards, not summer.
- PATH can only match partner scholarship funds.
- Institutions should only certify PATH awards after the institution has received the applicable Partner funds.
To receive a PATH Grant, the student must meet the following criteria:
- Be nominated by and receive an academic year scholarship from a participating PATH Partner
- Be a resident of Pennsylvania
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate student
- At least a half-time basis
- In a degree-seeking program of study
- Maintain academic progress
- Not be in default or owe a PA State Grant refund
Not be considered an incarcerated student
There is no summer PATH Program.
The PATH Grants are initially determined by PHEAA, who establishes total academic year awards using the lesser of the following:
- Total academic year PATH Partner Award
- Total academic year PA State Grant Award
- Maximum amount of $2,500 for the academic year
The minimum amount a recipient can receive for the year is $200.
These maximum and minimum amounts are subject to change at the discretion of PHEAA based on available funding.